Your favourite motorcycle song is Born to be Wild by Steppenwolf and the winners of our competition will now be able to listen longer and clearer with their $42 Alpine MotoSafe earplugs.
Our 10 winners are: Jim Jongebreur, Shane Reeve, Graham Kissell, Susan Stubbs, Hugh McAdam, Mark Taylor, Fred Monro, Ian Button, Mike Kelly, Ross Tinkler and D’Wayne Wigley.
Congratulations! Please contact us by email at mark@motorbikewriter with your postal address so the Alpine MotoSafe earplugs can be sent out to you.
We had 362 entries for our competition and Born to be Wild unsurprisingly won with 30 votes (8.3%), which shows a widespread opinion on which are the best motorcycle songs.
Second was Australia’s AC/DC with Highway to Hell polling 26 (6.9%), narrowly edging out Take it Easy by the The Eagles with 25.
The full list in alphabetical order is below.
Also of interest was the list of other songs you nominated including the following: Roll Me Away, Bob Seger; Owed to Alex, Captain Beefheart; Roadhouse Blues, The Doors, Jesus Rode a Harley, Ugly Kid Joe; Ride Like the Wind, Christopher Cross; Legs, ZZ Top; Wherever I May Roam, Metallica; I Love My Leather Jacket,The Chills; Midnight Rider, The Allman Brothers Band; Don’t Stop Me Now, Queen; Benny Hill Theme Tune, Yackety Sax; In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, Iron Butterfly; Little Honda, The Beach Boys; Devil Gate Drive, Suzi Quatro; Shine on You Crazy Diamond, Pink Floyd; and Muthafukka on a Motorcycle, Machine Gun Felatio.
Your favourite motorcycle songs
- Born to be Wild, Steppenwolf 8.3% / 30
- Highway to Hell, AC/DC 7.2% / 26
- Take it Easy, The Eagles 6.9% / 25
- Bat out of Hell, Meatloaf 5.5% / 20
- Born to Run, Bruce Springsteen; Life is a Highway, Tom Cochrane; Going Up The Country, Canned Heat; Motorcycle Song, Arlo Guthrie 3.9% / 14
- Ventura Highway, America 3.3% / 12
- Ride the Night Away, Jimmy Barnes 3.0% / 11
- Brown Sugar, Rolling Stones 2.8% / 10
- Sweet Hitchhiker / Who’ll Stop the Rain? Creedence Clearwater Revival 2.5% / 9
- Roll on Down the Highway, Bachman Turner Overdrive; Turn the Page, Metallica, Bob Seger, John English 2.2% / 8
- Carefree Highway, Gordon Lightfoot; On the Road Again, Willie Nelson; Radar Love, Golden Earring; Thunder Road, Bruce Springsteen 1.9% / 7
- Crazy little Thing Called Love, Queen; Highway Star, Deep Purple; Hot Rod Heart, John Fogerty; Leader of the Pack, The Shangri-Las; Running on Empty, Jackson Browne 1.7% / 6
- Rocking Down the Highway, Doobie Brothers 1.4% / 5
- Route 66, Chuck Berry 1.1% / 4
- The Weight, The Band; Call Me the Breeze, JJ Cale & Lynyrd Skynyrd; Hungry Heart, Bruce Springsteen; Slow Ride, Foghat 0.8% / 3
- Gone Shootin’, AC/DC; Highway 61, Bob Dylan; I’ll be Gone, Spectrum; Jeans On, David Dundas and Keith Urban; Long Way Round, Stereophonics; Low Rider, War 0.6% / 2
- Highway Song, James Taylor; Long May You Run, Neil Young; Road Angel, The Doobie Brothers 0.3% / 1
- Ride Ride Ride, Foghat; Wasn’t Born to Follow, The Byrds 0.0% / 0
Other 13.5% / 49
Total votes: 362