A limited edition of just 10 Yamaha SR400 retro motorcycles in 60th anniversary yellow livery is now available in Australia.
Yamaha Australia says the limited edition SR400 will cost an extra $300, while the blank canvas grey model will still be available at $7999 plus on-road costs.
The traditional yellow and black livery paint job is also available on their YZF-R1, special YZF-R1M and YZF-R6 for an extra $1000 and $500, respectively.
It’s a hefty price to pay for a kick-start 400cc motorcycle that most people will want to cut and chop and modify anyway.
At least owners won’t need to paint over a matte grey canvas and the SR400 is $1000 cheaper than it was at launch in May, 2014.
But you better be quick because Yamaha Australia made the announcement this morning and they should go fairly quickly.
- Price: $7999
- Engine: SOHC, air-cooled, 399cc, four-stroke, fuel-injected single
- Bore x Stroke: 87 x 62.7mm
- Compression: 8.5:1
- Transmission: 5-speed, multiplate wet clutch, chain drive
- Suspension: telescopic forks, rear swingarm, twin shocks
- Brakes: hydraulic 268mm disc, 150mm drum
- Tyres: 90/100-18M/C 54S; 110/90-18M/C 61S
- Length: 2085mm
- Width: 749mm
- Height: 1094mm
- Seat: 784mm
- Wheelbase: 1409mm
- Rake (Caster Angle): 27.7º
- Trail: 111mm
- Fuel: 12-litre tank
- Economy: 3.5L/100km
- Wet: 174kg