Yamaha will release its much-anticipated Ténéré 700 adventure motorcycle late this year in Australia and we tip the price will be about $16,500.
Our tip is based on the recently announced UK price of £8699 where the Ténéré.
That is 27% less than the UK price of the KTM 790 Adventure at £11,999.
Our price tip
So, if the Yamaha is 27% less than the KTM, it should cost about $16,500 ride-away. The previous model XTZ660 Ténéré cost $13,999.
Prices of other mid-sized adventure models include:
- BMW F 850 GS from $17,990 (+ORC);
- Ducati Multistrada 950 from $18,790 (+ORC);
- Kawasaki Versys 650 from $10,499 (+ORC);
- Kawasaki Versys 1000 from $15,999 (+ORC);
- Suzuki V-Strom 650 from $10,290 (ride-away);
- Suzuki V-Strom 1000 from $15,490 (ride-away);
- Triumph Tiger 800 from $18,550.
Yamaha Motor Australia is expected to release the details soon.
Don’t feel too bad about the late delivery of the Ténéré in Australia as it will not arrive in the US until the second half of 2020.
European Yamaha dealers will offer a discount of £300 (about $A550) for online orders.
The online ordering system will go live at 1pm (GMT) on Wednesday 27 March 2019 in the UK.
First deliveries of the Yamaha Ténéré 700 are due to arrive in UK dealerships this northern summer.
Online customers will get theirs first and will be available at the normal retail price from September.