The new Triumph Tiger Sport has now arrived in Australia with more growl, technology and features plus a hefty $1150 price rise.
The new 1050cc Tiger Sport costs $17,150 (+ORC), but includes substantial upgrades to the engine, electronic rider aids and extra creature comforts.
The engine has had a host of updates including a revised combustion chamber for more immediate torque and ride-by-wire throttle for better fuel economy and instant throttle response.
Fuel economy is improved by 8% and aided by the new, freer-flowing exhaust which Triumph claims has a richer sound.
The bike is also smarter thanks to a new ECU and the ride-by-wire throttle which allows the inclusion of three rider modes (rain, road and sport), multi-level traction control and cruise control.
Rider safety is increased by the addition of a slip-assist clutch to prevent rear-wheel lock-up on aggressive downshifting.
There is a new instrument panel with two trip computers and a “live fuel gauge” which refers to active fuel usage in litres per 100/km which provides average and instant fuel consumption readings, plus distance to empty.
Other changes include grippier footpegs, one-hand adjustable tinted screen, revised engine covers, new mirrors, a billet machined rear wheel spindle finisher and hand guards as standard.
It now comes in matt black or aluminium silver.
Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
- Price: $17,150 (+ORC)
- Engine: 1050cc liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- Bore/Stroke: 79 x 71.4 mm
- Compression: 12.25:1
- Power: 93kW @ 9475rpm
- Torque: 106Nm @ 7000rpm
- Transmission: 6-speed, wet clutch, , assist and slip
- Economy: 5.2L/100km (54mpg)
- Frame: Aluminium beam twin-spar
- Wheels: alloy 17 x 3.5in; 17 x 5.5in
- Tyres: 120/70 ZR17; 180/55 ZR17
- Suspension: Showa 43mm USD forks with adjustable preload, rebound and compression damping, 140mm travel; Showa Monoshock with adjustable preload and rebound damping, 155mm travel
- Brakes: 320mm floating discs, Nissin 4-piston radial calipers; 255mm disc, 2-piston Nissin caliper
- Length: 2150mm
- Width: 850mm
- Height: 1330 – 1385 mm (screen low – high position)
- Seat: 830mm
- Wheelbase: 1540mm
- Rake: 22.8 °
- Trail: 88.7 mm
- Dry weight: 218kg
- Fuel Tank: 20L