In the event of an accident, when the rider is thrown from the motorcycle, the airbag jacket instantly inflates (within 100 milliseconds) to protect the rider’s upper body.
The activation is simple and automatic. A coiled wire attaches the motorcycle to the airbag jacket. If the rider is abnormally separated from the motorcycle, the coiled wire triggers the release of cO2 gas to inflate the air cushions. The inflated jacket protects vulnerable parts of the upper body to prevent from serious injuries. After a few seconds the jacket deflates automatically. Once the jacket is deflated, a new cartridge can be installed and the jacket is ready to be reused.
Helite knows it cannot protect a motorcyclist from the worst accident situations like hitting a truck head on at 130 km/hour. However, Helite’s objective has been to constantly improve the airbag jacket in order to increase the number of situations from which a motorcyclist can be saved by the airbag.
According to a European study 48% of the mortal accidents happen in the country and only 8% on the highways. These numbers confirm the importance of airbag jackets for motorcyclists. The garments are very effective in the city and the country, where the speed is not maximal but the dangerous obstacles are numerous.
When you invest in a Helite airbag touring jacket you get:
- CE certified Turtle Airbag that fully inflates in 100 ms
- SES-TEC CE certified removable back protector
- KNOX CE certified protector for shoulders and elbows
- An outer jacket shell made of technical Cordura that is very resistant against abrasion and tear
- Water resistant and windproof Humax technology designed to create a protective barrier against the elements while allowing moisture to escape from within.
- Seams are welded with a special heat sealed tape to ensure no water can penetrate from the outside
- Comfortable soft collar and adjustable front and back arm
- Adjustable waist straps for a nice fit
- Many practical outside and inner pockets
- One tether for your motorcycle
- One cO2 cartridge. NB this ensures Airbag deployment in less than 100 milliseconds
Refer to our sizing guide for help with getting the right size vest for you. If you have any difficulties or you have additional sizing questions e-mail us shop@motorbikewriter.
You’ll notice some overlap between sizes. With the range of vest adjustments possible, it is very likely that you can comfortably fit in two sizes. Deciding which to order will depend on your usage- if you require extra room for extra clothing layers, go with the larger size. If you’ll only be wearing the vest with lighter layers or a leather racing suit, we suggest opting for the smaller size.
Please, keep in mind that Helite products run smaller than average Australian sizing. For instance, if you normally wear a size Large, with Helite you might be an XL. Sizes 5XL and 6XL are only available in black.
Helite ships from Australia. This product and the costs associated with shipping will be sent with any other items purchased from the supplier Helite. Please note that if your size is not in stock delivery can take 10 – 14 days.
|Service||Flat Rate||Delivery Timeframe|
|Standard Delivery to
|$29.50||3-5 Business Days|