The new MV Agusta Stradale 800 adventure tourer has arrived in Australia at $19,990.
Although it is based on the Rivale it adds a bigger and adjustable windshield, panniers, and squared-off exhaust tips, but costs exactly the same, so it’s pretty good value.
Urban Imports spokesman Joseph Elasmar says the first few units have arrived “but are spoken for”.
He also says supply shouldn’t be a problem: “We have consistent shipments arriving in four weeks’ time, onwards.”
The Stradale 800 is powered by the 800cc triple cylinder engine from the Rivale, producing 115hp and 78.5Nm of torque.
The engine is a point of pride for MV, which is entirely designed and developed by the Varese-based brand. On the Stradale 800, a counter-rotating crankshaft reduces inertia for improved handling and engine width has been limited by integrating the hydraulic clutch and fluid reservoir into the engine’s design.
It uses the latest sophisticated Motor & Vehicle Integrated Control System (MVICS) to give riders greater choice of custom power mapping (Normal, Sport, Rain & Custom) and eight traction control levels.
The adventure bike also comes with the latest Quickshifter EAS 2.0 (up and down) for quick and faultless gear changes, Bosch 9 Plus ABS with RLM (Rear Wheel Lift-up Mitigation) and the fully adjustable Marzocchi front forks and a Sachs rear shock.
The 17-inch aluminum allow front and rear wheels are shod in either Pirelli Diabolo Rosso II or Scorpion Trail rubber which should be good for most formed roads, including some maintained gravel.
The Stradale 800 should be a capable adventure tourer with 60-litre panniers, 20-litre fuel tank, a dry weight of just 207kg, and a seat height of 870mm.
It is available now in Pearl White/Sand Metallic Grey, Red/Silver or Bronze Metallic/Pearl White, with a two-year unlimited kilometre warranty and two years of premium roadside assistance.
2015 MV Agusta Stradale 800 tech specs
- Price: $19,990 (+ORC)
- Warranty: 2 years unlimited km
- Engine: Liquid-cooled 798cc Inline Tripe, 12 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 79mm x 54.3mm
- Clutch: Hydraulic, multi-disc
- Transmission: Cassette style, 6-speed constant mesh
- Frame: ALS Steel tubular trellis
- Front suspension: Upside-down Marzocchi hydraulic fork with rebound/compression damping and spring preload adjustment, 150mm travel
- Rear suspension: Progressive Sachs, single shock with rebound/compression damping and spring preload adjustment, 150mm travel
- Front brakes: Dual 320mm floating discs, radial-mount Brembo four-piston calipers
- Rear brakes: Single 220mm disc, two-piston Brembo caliper
- Front wheel: 3.50 x 17″ aluminum alloy
- Rear wheel: 5.50 x 17″ aluminum alloy
- Front tyre: 120/70 – ZR17
- Rear tyre: 180/55 – ZR17
- Wheelbase: 1460mm
- Seat: 870cm
- Clearance: 125mm
- Dry weight: 207kg
- Fuel tank: 20 litre