BMW Motorrad off-road training courses are back this year with more courses in more states and locations.
I’ve done the course twice over the past 10 years they have been offering it and each time I’ve learnt new skills, so even if you’ve done it before, it’s worth going back again for a refresher.
The course is great for those who intend to take part in the GS Safaris. Registrations are now open for the GS Safari-Enduro from Bourke down the Darling River to the ocean.
Last year, more than 300 riders took part in the training program which teaches the following disciplines:
- Slow-speed maneuvering and control
- Correct body position/balance
- Throttle and clutch control
- Ascending and descending hills safely with confidence
- Riding over/around obstacles.
The two-day course is suitable for novices through to more advanced riders. However, experienced riders who have passed the Level 1 program may like to promote themselves to the Level 2 course launched last year.
Dates and Venues
- April 17 – 18 Mt Seaview / Port Macquarie, NSW (Level 1)
- April 19 – 20 Mt Seaview / Port Macquarie, NSW (Level 2)
- June 20 – 21 Dargle / Sydney, NSW (All Brands – Level 1)
- August 15 -16 Dargle / Sydney, NSW (Level 1 and 2)
- June 6 – 7 Broadford / Melbourne, Vic (All Brands – Level 1)
- Sept 18 – 21 Broadford / Melbourne, Vic (Level 1)
- Sept 18 – 21 Broadford / Melbourne, Vic (Level 2)
- July 31 – August 1 Conondale / Sunshine Coast, QLD (Level 1)
- Aug 2- 3 Conondale / Sunshine Coast, QLD (Level 2)
- Oct 23rd – 24 Kirup, WA (Level 1)
- Oct 25 – 26 Kirup, WA (Level 2)
- Level 1 – $695 2-day course includes lunch,refreshments andT-shirt.
- Level 2 -$6952-day course includes lunch,refreshments andT-shirt.
Hire Bikes – $300/courseG 650 GS, G 650 GS Sertao, limited numbers, only available at select courses.
Phone: 1800 813 299