Ducati has unveiled the 1299 Panigale R Finale Edition, the final 1299 L-twin Panigale before the release later this year of their V4 superbike.
The new V4 superbike, powered by a version of the MotoGP Desmosedici 1000cc V4, is expected to be unveiled in November at the EICMA show in Milan.
Ducati says the Panigale name will live on and that this is the last twin-cylinder Superbike with this displacement.
“Ducati will continue to design, develop and produce twin-cylinder superbikes, but not with a displacement of 1299.”
The tricolour Panigale R Final Edition is not a limited edition, but each bike will have a serial number.
Apart from the tricolour livery, it features red rims and a titanium exhaust.
The final L-twin super bike is powered by the 1299 superquadro engine from the Superleggera with 154kW at 11,000rpm and 142Nm at 9000rpm.
It weighs in at just 190kg wet thanks to a lightweight monocoque aluminium frame and titanium connecting rods and valves.
It comes with a vast array of electronic riding aids such as riding and power modes, Bosch cornering ABS, up and down quickshift, EVO traction control, EVO wheelie control, engine brake control.
There is also a data analyser with GPS and lean angle recording and auto tyre calibration.
Other features include lithium-ion battery, auxiliary adjustment buttons, forged Marchesini aluminium wheels and Akrapovič homologated full titanium exhaust.
There is no word yet on when it will be available here or pricing, but you can register your interest online. Price is believed to be about $40-$50,000, which would be about half that of the Superleggera.
Ducati says the Finale Edition is a celebration of Ducati’s World Superbike success from Marco Lucchinelli’s first victory with the 851 in 1988 in the very first race of the championship to 2017 with the victories of Chaz Davies and Marco Melandri on the Panigale R.
Ducati 1299 Panigale R Finale Edition
- Engine: 1285cc Superquadro L-Twin, 4 valve per cylinder, Desmodromic, liquid-cooled
- Bore x stroke: 116 x 60.8 mm
- Compression: 13.0:1
- Power: 154kW (209.4hp) @ 11,000rpm
- Torque: 142Nm (104.7 lb-ft) @ 9000rpm
- Transmission: 6 speed with Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) up/down, hydraulic slipper/self-servo wet multiplate clutch
- Suspension: Öhlins NIX30 43mm fully adjustable USD fork with TiN treatment; Öhlins TTX36 unit, adjustable linkage
- Wheel: 3 spoke forged light alloy 3.50″ x 17”; 6.00″ x 17″
- Tyres: 120/70 ZR17; 200/55 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP
- Brake: 330mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monobloc M50 – 4 piston callipers; 245mm disc, 2-piston caliper with cornering ABS
- Kerb weight: 190kg
- Seat: 830mm
- Wheelbase: 1443mm
- Rake/trail: 24°, 96mm
- Fuel tank: 17 litres
- Warranty: 24 months unlimited mileage
- Service: 12,000km/12 months
- Emissions: Euro 4 154g/km
- Economy: 6.7 l/100km