Honda Australia has announced the arrival date and prices for the 2017 25th Anniversary edition of the CBR1000RR Fireblade and the SP.
They will arrive in May at $22,499 (plus on-road costs) for the anniversary edition and $28,499 for the CBR1000RR SP. They will arrive in Victory Red (above) or matte black.
That compares wth the current low-tech models at $16,999 and $17,799 for the ABS version.
However, the new Fireblades are much more hi-tech and have finaly caught up with the sports bike hi-tech parade.
It’s been seven years since the Fireblade had any updates apart from cosmetics and an SP edition.
Now it comes with a wide range of electronic rider aids including cornering ABS, up/down quick shifter with downshift assist, riding and power modes, and sophisticated traction control from its quarter-million-dollar RC213V-S.
While it is a svelte 196kg wet, it has increased 8kW to 140kW of power, which still leaves it behind the others in the category.
But the Fireblade has always been about power-to-weight ratio. That has been improved by 14% and a rideability that others lacked.
Honda also has 500 SP2 versions available for order. They have the same power and are 1kg lighter. The SP2 features lightweight Marchesini wheels and redesigned valves, combustion chamber and pistons; a kit will be available to make it ready for circuit use for racing and leisure.
2017 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade SP
- Engine: 999cc, liquid-cooled 4-stroke 16-valve DOHC Inline four
- Bore x Stroke: 76 x 55mm
- Compression: 13:01
- Power: 141kW @ 13,000rpm
- Torque: 116Nm @ 11,000rpm
- Fuel Tank: 16L
- Frame: Diamond; aluminium composite twin spar
- Length: 2065mm
- Width: 715mm
- Height: 1125mm
- Wheelbase: 1404mm
- Caster Angle: 23.3°
- Trail: 96mm
- Seat: 820mm
- Clearance: 129mm
- Wet Weight: 195kg
- Front Suspension: Telescopic inverted fork with an inner tube diameter of 43mm, and a NIX30 Smart-EC (OHLINS) Front Fork with preload, compression and rebound adjustments, 120mm stroke
- Rear Suspension: Unit Pro-Link with gas-charged TTX36 Smart-EC (Öhlins) damper featuring preload and compression and rebound damping adjustment, 60mm stroke
- Tyres: 120/70ZR17 58W (F); 190/50ZR17 73W (R)
- Brakes: 2 Channel ABS