Classic race motorcycle fans won’t have long to wait after the Phillip Island Classic next weekend with the International Festival of Speed in Sydney in March.
The 14th annul event used to be called the Barry Sheene Festival of Speed.
It returns to Sydney Motorsport Park on March 23-26, 2017 with a long list of celebrity bikes and riders.
There will be an exclusive appearance of the legendary Laverda V6 plus more than 30 famous GP bikes on track for racing or parade or in the pits for display.
They include Giacomo Agostini’s 350cc and 500cc race bikes.
There will be more than 400 classic race bikes in the 50 event race program over the four days, culminating in the Barry Sheene Top 50 finale.
Off track there will be trade and motorcycle club stands, a show and shine competition, a swap meet, pit tours and racer autograph sessions.
Among the racing legends attending are:
- Giacomo Agostini (15 Time 350cc and 500cc GP World Champion);
- Piero Laverda-John McGuiness (23 Time Isle of Man TT winner);
- Gianfranco Bonera (500cc GP rider);
- Pierfrancesco Chili (Superbike, 250cc and 500cc GP rider);
- Jeremy McWilliams (250cc GP winner and MotoGP rider);
- Maria Costello MBE (Isle of Man TT racer);
- Steve Parrish (500GP rider and Factory Team manager);
- Graeme Crosby (500cc GP rider and TT Formula One winner);
- Troy Bayliss (3 Time Superbike World Champion and MotoGP race winner);
- Kevin Magee (500cc GP Rider); and
- Chris Vermeulen (2003 World Supersport Champion and MotoGP race winner).
Buy Festival of Speed tickets now
Tickets are available online for special offers. You can also buy tickets to enter the draw to win an MV Augusta F3 800 in world famous Ago Red/Silver colour scheme.