The funds were raised through the raffle of a Ducati Monster 1200 S worth $26,000 donated at cost price by Frasers and Mornington Ducati.
They also donated riding gear at a discounted rate as secondary prizes, says club president Garry Elphinstone.
“We are donating to the SCI as they often treat motorcyclists and are in need of some funds to upgrade facilities,” Garry says.
“This will allow them to upgrade equipment and facilities and support patients and families during difficult times.”
SCI spokeswoman Melissa Cramp says the donation will help the spinal patients in many ways.
“The funds would be used to purchase new equipment for our supported living (transitional) apartments,” she says.
“The remaining funds will be set aside for the Ward 3 North balcony area which is in much need of a facelift for the patients and families to enjoy. For this, the staff and patients at Austin Health are so grateful to DOCV and everyone that has supported this fundraising effort. You are truly making a difference and it is fantastic to have you one our team.”
The lucky prize winners were:
- 1st Prize – Geoff Audsley, Elliminyt, Vic – Ducati Monster 1200S (pictured at top of page)
- 2nd Prize – Allan Mill, Lawson, NSW, – $2,000 of motorcycle apparel
- 3rd Prize – Angela Butler, Torquay, Vic – $1,000 Red Balloon Voucher
Ducati Club 40th
The Ducati Owners Club of Victoria has about 500 members, is one of the oldest in the world and is very active.
Garry says they organise daily, mid-week and weekend rides, two or three track days a year, barbecues and the annual Festival of Italian Motorcycles which is on this Sunday at the Piazza Italia in Carlton.
“I think last year we held 40 events over the year, including an eight-day tour of Tasmania.
Other special 40th Anniversary events include:
- DOCV 40th Anniversary Book Launch (15 November)
- Annual Dargo overnighter and black tie dinner (26-27 November)
- 40th Anniversary Monster Raffle draw (20 December)
A range of merchandise is also available for members to show their support for the club’s 40th anniversary.
- If you would like to promote your motorcycle club, organisation or charity event for free, contact us via email with photos and information.