Benelli 502C fits into a category of bike roughly referred to as an urban cruiser suitable for learner and novice riders.
It arrives in Australian showrooms at $9790 ride away with a two-year unlimited kilometre warranty and roadside assistance in gloss black, “Coniac Red” or matte black.
If you think we have invented the term “urban cruiser” check out these competitors:
- Harley Street 500 $9995 ride away
- Honda CMX $8299 (+ORC)
- Kawasaki Vulcan S 649cc $11,750 ride away
- Royal Enfield Rumbler 350 $5790 +ORC
- Suzuki Boulevard S40 $7990 (+ORC)
- Yamaha Bolt C $8699 (+ORC) (Note: This is a 900cc bike and not a LAMS bike, but it’s still a competitor in this field)
It’s a popular class and the best seller is the Honda, followed by the Harley and the Kawasaki.
The first of these urban cruisers was the Yamaha Bolt C which is probably also the most stylish … until now.
Benelli’s Italian-designed and Chinese-made model is beautiful.
After all, it seems to be designed along the lines of a small-capacity Ducati Diavel with a similar trellis-style frame, floating seat, remote rear fender, bellypan and stubby twin single-sided mufflers.
It features forward foot controls which are adjustable like the Vulcan S, wide handlebars, moderate-height 750mm seat and distinctive LED headlights.
The Benelli 502C is powered by their in-line 500cc liquid-cooled twin with 35kW Of power at 8500 revs and 45Nm of midrange torque. The engine is mated to six-speed gearbox.
The generous 21-litre tank should allow these urban cruisers to stray far from their urban environs.
Benelli 502C tech specs
- Price: $9790 ride away
- Engine: 500cc in-line twin, 4 stroke, liquid cooled, 4 valves , DOHC
- Bore x stroke: 69 x 66.8mm
- Power: 35kW @ 8500rpm
- Torque: 45Nm @ 5000rpm
- Emissions: Euro 4, CO2 96g/km
- Economy: 4.2Lt/100km
- Transmission: Multidisk wet clutch, 6 speeds
- Frame: Trestle steel tubes and plates
- Suspension: Upside-down 41mm forks, 125mm travel; swingarm with central shock absorber, spring preload adjustable, 50mm travel
- Brakes: twin 280mm floating disks with 4-piston calliper; 240mm disc, piston floating calliper; ABS
- Tyres: 120/70 – ZR17” M/C 58W; 160/60 – ZR17” M/C 69W
- Seat: 750mm
- Wheelbase: 1600mm
- Wet weight: 217kg
- Tank: 21Lt
- Length: 2280mm
- Width: 940mm
- Height: 1140mm
- Warrant: 2 years, unlimited kilometre, roadside assistance
- Colours: gloss black, “Coniac Red” or matte black.