The harder-edged Aprilia Caponord 1200 Rally arrives in Australian in May 2015 at $24,000 ride away.
Now, with more off-road and touring capability the Italian stallion is more of a competitor with the ubiquitous BMW R 1200 GS.
The Aprilia Caponord Rally is powered by the same 1200cc V-twin engine and has all the standard electronic and creature features of the Caponord.
They include: Aprilia’s traction and cruise controls, ride-by-wire throttle, three rider modes, two-channel ABS, and Aprilia’s dynamic damping suspension that automatically adapts its calibration to match the road surface, load and riding style.
But now it adds aluminium panniers, an adjustable touring windscreen, hand guards, side guards and supplementary LED lights to rival the big Bavarian competitor.
Importantly for adventure riders, the Rally edition has spoked wheels instead of the usual mags and the front is a 19-inch wheel, up from the current 17-inch rim, making it more off-road capable.
However, it still retains very road-oriented rubber, has a low exhaust and is 35kg heavier than the standard version at a whopping 275kg dry.
It arrives in a golden “Gallio Dune” or matte grey “Grigio Safari”.
Aprilia Caponord 1200 Rally tech specs
- Price: $24,000 ride away
- Eingine: 90° V-Twin 4 stroke, liquid cooled, DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder, 1197cc
- Power: 92kW (125hp)
- Torque: 114Nm
- Transmission: 6 Speed
- Brakes: Dual 320mm floating stainless steel rotors, dual Brembo 4 spot Monobloc radial mounted calipers, stainless steel braided brake lines; 240mm stainless steel rotor, Brembo single spot floating caliper, ABS
- Suspension: Fully adjustable electronic Sachs 43mm upside-down fork (hydraulic compression and rebound damping electronically managed with Aprilia Dynamic Damping;Fully adjustable Sachs dynamic rear monoshock (spring preload and hydraulic compression and rebound damping electronically managed)
- Wheels: 3.0 x 19”; 4.5 x 17” spoked
- Tyeres: 120/70-R19; 170/60-R17
- Dry weight: 257kg
- Seat: 840mm
- Tank: 24L (5L reserve)