BMW has been busy with the paintpot for next year’s models and is introducing a new Sport variant of the K 1600 GT.
Australia will get all the new colour schemes, although most are 50 shades of grey only not as sexy: platinum, mineral silver, magnesium and granite grey.
More exciting news is the K 1600 GT Sport which is like Honda’s sportier Gold Wing, the F6B.
It features two-tone paint in “Sakhir” orange and black metallic, black gloss coated wheels, a low windshield and a sporty seat.
Other changes in 2014 models include altered standard features on the R 1200 GS and F 800 GS.
Basically, it includes a lot of the “extras” now being included as standard, probably because most people buy their Beemers with “the works”. But BMW Motorrad Australia already orders most of them with the full kit.
These are the changes to the R 1200 GS:
- The two modes “Rain” and “Road”, along with ASC as standard.
- New “Pro” mode with three additional riding modes “Dynamic”, “Enduro” and “Enduro Pro”, including harmonised ASC and ABS as an optional extra.
- Dynamic ESA can now be ordered separately, independently of the riding modes.
- The existing five modes are no longer available as an optional extra.
- Steering damper as standard.
- White-coated coil springs with the option Dynamic ESA
- Altered features for the package options “Dynamic Performance”, “Comfort” and “Touring”.
- All options can now be ordered separately except for the on-board computer Pro.
These are the changes to the F 800 GS:
- The Safety package is replaced by the Dynamic Performance package, comprising: ESA, ASC, off-road mode for ABS and ASC (only available as part of the Dynamic Performance package)
- The Dynamic Performance package cannot be combined with lowered suspension.